Below is the audio recording of the lesson (it goes for just over 30mins), slightly edited to remove silences and interruptions but here is a quick summary for those who don't have the time to listen to the whole thing.
- Students could see the connection between the 'strategy' they used, the selective pressures and therefore evolution.
- Students didn't 'learn' anything new, but it did help reinforce what we had already talked about and improved their understanding.
- Students felt that the time spent was worthwhile in terms of their learning.
- Being a 'real' game made it more interesting than a 'learning environment' like my cell map in MinecraftEdu.
- Coming soon to my Biology class: Pocket Frogs to discuss inheritance.
Feel free to comment below, I would be very interested in any feedback on the lesson audio and 'teachable moments' I may have missed.