To fix this issue I did a demonstration on the board of 2 different types of graphs, a pie graph and a cumulative frequency bar graph. Once students saw how I built these, and manipulated the data to do so they got up and running. Some students continued with the graphs they had begun before my demonstration, others branched out and tried to recreate a graph similar to mine.
Here are some screenshots of the graphs that we created.
I have also been madly testing the new version(s) of MinecraftEdu for proxy support, we are so close but still have a few issues that need to be addressed. The proxy support now works for updating MinecraftEdu, downloading worlds from the online template area and also for authentication to Minecraft.net. The issues are now that I cannot join an online server from behind a proxy, and nor can my internal server be an online server through a proxy (I think it cannot check with mc.net).
So hopefully we can get there and then I can begin running 24/7 projects and allowing students to access these learning world from home and school.
That is it for now, thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment below.